Why did Kang Seung Yoon gave up everything to become YG's trainee?


 “I was a terrible dancer.”

Anyone who watched the second season of talent show program Superstar K would know that this exact program helped KANG SEUNG YOON rise to stardom. He passed each stage to become one of the top 4, and since chose YG Entertainment as his agency.

Many questioned his choice. Why did he give up everything to become YG’s trainee?
 
That answer could be seen on ‘WIN’, which was aired on Mnet on August 23. ‘WIN’, a real survival program that determines the formation of YG’s new boy group, showed KANG SEUNG YOON sparing no effort with his teammates to win the competition. The winning team seizes the name WINNER to make a debut. KANG SEUNG YOON has already been training at YG for 3 years.

KANG SEUNG YOON said, “Since Superstar K ended, there were a lot of offers. Some said they would make me the star of Asia, and some offered a great amount of money for signing the contract. I chose YG Entertainment because this agency evaluated me objectively, unlike other ones. They looked at me as an actual trainee.”

YG’s founder YANG HYUN SUK commented, “KANG is full of talents. But I personally hoped that he was a better dancer.”

KANG SEUNG YOON, since he auditioned to join YG, has definitely gone through a transformation. He used to simply ‘move his body’ along the melody, but now he is one of the excellent dancers in Team A. He is in the midst of evolving. He said, “At the beginning it was extremely hard. I never had to use my body for dancing. My head would follow it, but my body couldn’t.”

KANG SEUNG YOON recently made a solo debut, but it seems like he has not been blended with YG’s color yet. He is a great rock star but not yet an idol star or a real artist. And he is to complete his process of maturation through the program ‘WIN’.

cr: YG LIFE